15 June, 2008

Speaking of Nudity...

It's wonderfully foggy out tonight. Pretty thick, too - not incredibly thick, but certainly remarkably thick. The ground and trees are damp from thunderstorms, but the only rain is what comes off the trees. The temperature is nice - cool, but comfortable. Anyhow, in an awesome fog like this, I had to go out there.

And I ended up expanding my boundaries, too. I went out in just that blanket, with my camera - tugging the tripod along in its most compact state, which isn't all that compact - all the way out to the main thoroughfare, stopping at just a couple places that looked safe enough to snap a shot of the beautiful fog lit up by the various street and house lights. It was gorgeous.

Coming back, I decided to take advantage of the foggy conditions. I left my blanket and camera on the porch, and took a walk around the block completely naked. Yup, the whole way round. There was even a number of house lights on, but I hope most of the people were asleep anyway. I just acted natural, as if it was no big deal. I was thinking about it, and I figured that if somebody did catch me, then my long hair - a disadvantage because it makes me easy to recognize - might actually work to my advantage since it would give credibility to my characterization as a free spirit who enjoys nude walks instead of some kind of perverted sexual predator...

There were no cars either, which was great. I was mentally prepared (as much as I could be) just in case a car did go past, but I was lucky and didn't have to deal with it. Admittedly, I was a little concerned that the thrill of the experience would cause me to get visually "excited", basically ruining any credibility that my intentions were innocent, but to be honest, I was either too nervous or too relaxed throughout the whole walk for it to even be an issue.

There was only one spot that concerned me. There's a house on the corner, which just so happens to have a bright streetlight just out in front of it, and somebody was awake watching TV with the windows open. I heard them cough, but there was no indication that they actually saw me walk past the house. I went by as casually as I could, as if there were nothing unusual about my state of (un)dress, just taking a nice walk out in the nighttime fog, and made a point not to look towards the window, so I'm not certain whether or not the person inside could have even seen me without getting up or something. I'd have been less concerned if I was walking through the dark, but with that streetlight illuminating me - I even knocked a pebble a little bit as I was walking past, and you can bet I was kicking myself in my head (doing it mentally, not actually kicking my head) because of it!

The part that bothers me even more, is that the night I went out and took a couple pictures under the streetlight not too long ago, there was also a person in that house awake and watching TV (likely the same person, but who knows for sure), and I heard them cough then too. I was halfway sure they had seen me posing for my camera, but I have no way of knowing for sure. I was beyond a bush when I heard the cough, and at that point I just started walking away. So who knows. But now I'm very wary of that house, since it wasn't just a one-time thing.

Anyway, it was a great experience. I kind of got lost in the moment and went and rolled around in the wet grass after the walking was done. My feet are pretty sore, after walking over so much concrete... But they'll survive. The fog sure was beautiful. I really wish I could just go out and not have to worry that I may be doing something illegal...

P.S. I just remembered, everytime I sniffled my nose out there, I got a taste of lakewater. Weird, I know, but the sensation very much reminded me of swimming in the lake from my childhood vacations, when I would get some water up my nose...

No comments:

Post a Comment