18 March, 2011

More Teasing

Hard to believe the con is only two more weekends away (not this weekend, not next weekend, but the weekend after that). I can't believe how much I've been planning for it. Of course, it doesn't compare to the planning I did for Burning Man, but compared to the planning I usually do for this con (which generally consists of getting real excited about it a week before), I've been doing a lot. And aside from making plans for who I'll be going with, it's all been planning spent on cosplay matters. Which is great, because I've always wanted to do more cosplay than I've done in the past. The only thing is, it's been really expensive. :-(

But hopefully it will all be worth it. The photos I will hopefully get, as well as the attention I'm kind of afraid to get, will be the determining factor. I've got two different costumes planned, both of which I am excited about. The primary one is the one I've been talking about, and that you should be familiar with. I've blogged about it here, here, and here - with a couple of teaser pictures at that last link. In fact, the real point of this post is to show you a couple more teaser pictures:



You can't complain about the picture (and lighting) quality, because they're only teasers; and anyway, in the off chance that I end up looking horrible crossplaying as Chii from Chobits in her pretty pink dress, at least I'll be able to look back and say, "well, hey, it didn't look so bad in poor lighting..."

This is not the full dress, of course - I'm not wearing the train, or the sleeves, among other things. But you can see that I do have the persocom ears, and I've also got the spools on, which are a bit tricky to manage. But I think the ears look great, and they're well constructed (courtesy of Spoiled Cherry). I also managed to find some 'barely there' sandals that don't spoil the barefoot look. They're not a perfect match for the dress, but what matters is what you don't see of them, after all.

As for my second costume, if you're not in the loop, and don't already know what it's gonna be, I think I'll just leave you in suspense for now. :-p The only thing I'll say is that it's not Lolita, unfortunately (although it kind of is, in a way ;-), like I had wanted to try. Lolita has the potential to be even more complicated, and even more expensive. (Of course, experienced Lolitas will tell you it doesn't have to be - either complicated or expensive - but it does take experience to know how to make that work, without having to rely on luck).

See you at the con!

2 comments:

  1. Well, the costume looks pretty professional so far from where I'm sitting. Moreover, it appears that you have a very sweet room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! lol, yes, very sweet indeed. Guitar and bicycle and posters and hugging pillow included.

    As shown previously, I have seen worse renditions of "the pink dress", so I'll at least have that. On the other hand, when your cosplay fails, I think you're in a better position if people are blaming the costume rather than the person wearing it!

    I'm pretty confident that I can pull it off though.

    ReplyDelete