19 October, 2009

Pathologic - The Rat Race

*Spoilers*


Back when I was stuck in that cell, days ago, I received a note, apparently from the Dogheads, pertaining to a rat race competition, being held in Warehouse 2 by the factories. Arriving there to investigate, I found a Doghead member ready to explain the particulars of rat racing to me. There were three tracks set up in that warehouse, and I was told that if I caught a rat and brought it there, I could race it against some other rats. If my rat won the race, I'd win some money, otherwise, I'd lose the rat.

Well, it took me a few days to figure out how to actually catch a rat.

(Hint: Dead rats can't race.)

Turns out it's fairly simple, though. You just have to sneak up behind one and snatch it, making sure it doesn't see you.


There are at least two different kinds of rats - smaller brown rats, and larger ones with grey on their backs. The Doghead told me they were looking for the larger ones, so that's the first one I caught. But when I went back to race, I swear that rat was retarded. It was up against two smaller rats, and each of the times I reloaded to try the race again, my rat came in last. It was faster than the other rats, but the dumb rats don't just go from one end of the track to the other - they randomly turn around, going back and forth, and hopping up on their hind legs, generally wasting time. And my rat was the best time waster of them all.

(Note: Only one of the three rats is headed in the right direction.)


Rats...

No comments:

Post a Comment