As this blog has ostensibly become about me becoming a better person (crossing the "bridge to better days") - although I have no intention of coming here to sap about all my problems (gee, have I changed that much already?) - I thought it might be a nice gesture to list all the 'great accomplishments' I've made, things of note that I've done or experienced over the past year, now that we are looking ahead into the new year and all. So here's what I've been up to over the last year:
* I've moved.
* I got a cell phone.
* I got into better shape (for the summer at least).
* I recorded my first album since actually becoming decent as a guitar player.
* I took lots of great pictures, most of which with my new cell phone.
* I spent a week-long vacation at a nudist camp, and attended a nude volleyball tournament - an experience that I won't soon forget.
* I quit therapy (I felt we reached the limit of what was possible through talk alone - and that just wasn't enough. Plus it's expensive).
* By the end of the year, I decided to try medication for my anxiety (this could be a huge pro in the longterm, but right now it's pretty crappy - I don't think my body likes drugs).
* I had my first visit to the ER, and my first overnight (twice over) stay in a hospital (it was a pure nightmare).
* I basically found out that I have a shitty heart, and so now I'm on indefinite medication. You'd have to know me to know how much that pisses me off. (Even though I was perfectly fine without medication until that one freak occurrence this year).
All in all, it was a pretty productive year, with ups and downs, and despite the downs, not at all the worst year of my life (thanks in no small part to the ups). But I'm not over the bridge just yet.