18 June, 2011

Acoustic Set

In anticipation of potential opportunities to practice or play guitar over the next few months out in the nice summer weather where there's no electricity, I've taken up my acoustic guitar lately (a rare occurrence) to polish up some of my better acoustic songs. Unfortunately, due to a current lack of transportation abilities (I'm working on my teleportation skills), I've had to cease going to local open stages for the time being. But it hasn't stopped me from continuing to practice and learn new songs.

Anyway, here's the current "acoustic set" I have worked out on my acoustic guitar. Some of these numbers sound especially good acoustically (like the few instrumentals), others are just my best attempt at picking out the songs I know that work best in acoustic form (more emphasis on chords, and less on solos, which are unfortunately very hard to play on my acoustic guitar). Some of them are songs I don't even play very often (or at all) electrically, mostly because they just sound better acoustic.

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Simple Man
The Rolling Stones - Angie
Neil Young - Powderfinger
Neil Young - Down By The River
Neil Young - Dead Man Theme
Neil Young - Cortez the Killer
Neil Young - Cowgirl in the Sand
Tom Petty - Good Enough
Tom Petty - Mary Jane's Last Dance
Ten Years After - I'd Love To Change The World
Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There?
Fleetwood Mac - Jumping At Shadows
Fleetwood Mac - Man of the World
Fleetwood Mac - The World Keep On Turning

No comments:

Post a Comment