17 November, 2009

Pathologic - Vanity

Pathologic is sometimes slagged for its outdated graphics, even while being praised for the effective use of those outdated graphics in constructing the town's atmosphere. It's true that I was turned off by the graphics initially - especially when they apply to people in the game - but after a month and a half of immersion in the town, I don't even notice the awkwardness. Instead, I find myself constantly admiring the scenery in the game. It's practically impossible for me to go from point A to point B without visually framing a dozen shots, and actually taking the best of those. I didn't take any screenshots during my first scenario, partly because I didn't know how to (I ultimately resorted to the fail-safe printscreen method), and partly because I was too absorbed in trying to survive to have any time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. And yet, since starting to take screencaps, I've managed, now that I'm finished with the game, to take nearly 450 shots - the best of which have been posted in my journals here on this blog. I'll probably put them on a screensaver for a few months. ;D

What follows is not the best of the best of my shots (hm, maybe that would be worth compiling?), but just a handful of shots I took and liked enough to share, but wasn't able to fit into the flow of my journals (because I didn't want to overload the entries with images).









And, for good measure, here are a couple really nice textures I ripped from the game, which appear in the form of paintings on the walls of various people's homes.







That last one is probably my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment