14 January, 2011

Controversy Ahead

I recently saw a commercial featuring Roe of Roe v. Wade arguing Pro-Life, and it blew my mind. It gave me an idea for a satirical webcomic, featuring Rosa Parks in a KKK outfit quoting Roe from the commercial - "you read about me in history books, but now I'm dedicated to spreading the truth about preserving the dignity of all human life". One thing I've been waiting for Pro-Lifers to argue is regarding all the unfertilized eggs and misdirected sperm that are laid to waste in the course of a normal human life. I mean, every time a man jerks it into a kleenex, he's snuffing out thousands of potential lives. If that's not genocide, then I don't know what is. And I can't help but notice that at the end of the commercial, Roe sneaks in the phrase, "from natural conception, to natural death." So not only is she anti-abortion, but she apparently believes that man shouldn't trifle in God's plan for who should die and when. In other words, she doesn't believe that man should have the autonomous choice whether to continue to live or die - regardless of circumstances. And the "natural" she throws in there kinda creeps me out. Is she against artificial insemination? What about life support technology? And all of this, supposedly, because she realized the truth "upon knowing God".

To quote The Slumber Party Massacre:

"It's too bad mom and dad didn't get divorced before you were born."
"I love you too."

1 comment:

  1. This kind of puts a damper on my awesome Neil Young/L7 roe v wade t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete