21 May, 2010

Consumerism + Greed = Obesity

I know that those "double the size for just a dollar more" ploys are just meant to get you to spend more, but I can't help feeling like they're a conspiracy to get me to consume more. If I buy the smaller size, even though I'm spending less, and I don't actually want any more stuff, I feel like an idiot because I'm getting less of a "deal". You see how salespeople take advantage of your good old-fashioned American sense of opportunity in order to cheat you out of your hard-earned money? Hell is populated by lawyers and salesmen - although frankly I think politicians are worse than lawyers. Politicians make the rules, lawyers just try to find ways around them. Do people even realize how much deception is built into the system? Just how often they're getting scammed? Why doesn't anybody care about honesty? Here's a good article that touches on the value of integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment